CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Lady in waiting

Shawn got a job!! Hooray. He works 2-10pm Saturday thru Wednesday. Boooo!
He started Thursday and on Friday, he asked what his schedule was. That was the answer. By the way, usually you ask for your schedule on the first day. Along with those other new job questions like, how often do we get paid, how much am I making, etc? But not Shawn. lol, he amazes me sometimes. Anyway, so since Thursday, I have been all alone here with Rusty and Jack starting at 1:30 every afternoon until around eleven. And it sucks. It's kinda like being single again, except you don't get housework or homework done cause you've got a kid to tend to, not because you're too lazy to do it. And I have been less than motivated to cook a meal since Thursday too. Tonight was my third night in a row to have sandwiches- yum! Not. I just don't want to cook for me!

Also, I'm making (well, really embellishing) some burp cloths for a friend of mine that's having a baby. I got a new sewing machine for my birthday from my parents, and it's awesome. I have sewed a few things here and there, but nothing major until this project. So I made it halfway through the first one when, BAM, I ran over a pin, breaking the needle. Dang. So I replace it, I have 3 others. Everything is good, I get the needle threaded again and start. Same thing happens, only this time I didn't run over a pin. This process went on until I had killed all of my replacement needles. Yep, 4 in about 30 minutes. I was pretty much fuming. Cause I didn't know what the deal was, I wasn't running over anything and had the needle in correctly...nothing wrong. Today (like, a week later), I finally buy some more needles at the store. I get that baby in the machine and start sewing. Very slowly. It seems to be working fine, yes!! SNAP! Man, I was mad. This went on, I ended up breaking 3 more. I still don't know what the deal is. I am contemplating throwing the possessed machine off the roof later.

Tech was winning the ball game last I heard. Wreck 'em! I'm going to bed now. Mama is tired.

3 comments:

amazz said...

So did you ever get your sewing machine to quite eating your needles?

larapete said...

Nope. I'm still trying to figure that one out. My next move is to mess with the bobbin.

Unknown said...

ok, so I am going backwards here :)

I haven't sewn in FOREVER but I do know a little bit about it, thanks to my mom. If you haven't figured out what was going on with the needles yet....make sure you have them up at the highest setting b4 you start the 'throttle'. I mean, with as much distance as possible between the needle and the pressure-foot.

Does this make any sense? hard to explain...lol