CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Number One

I have officially joined the world. I have a blog. Haha. As if I'm not busy enough with school and 'mommying'.Do husbands count as kids too? I don't know who reads these, but I guess I'll tell a little about me. I'm Lara, married to Shawn and we have a 6 month old, Jack. I go to school at Texas Tech and will finish up in May of 2009. Shawn is going to commission as an officer in the Marines at the end of September then we'll be off to Quantico, VA for 6 months. After that, we'll be stationed in Pensicola for at least a year and a half, maybe 3 years. I'm psyched for the beach!!

Living in Lubbock has been great. A big change from Waco. I especially love the lack of humidity. I don't understand how I was able to stand it for so long. Every time we go home to visit, (Shawn's family lives in the area too) I want to lay under the AC and fans all day! But, I miss my family like crazy. No, it's more than missing them...it's whatever the next step up from missing is. I call my dad everyday at least once a day. Shawn doesn't understand it, but I don't care.

Speaking of family, they are coming up for a visit this weekend. It'll be short though, Dad has Sam, my brother for the weekend, but he has to be back at my mom's by 6 Sunday. So they're only staying tonight. Bummer. But I'm happy either way, a visit's a visit. Oh, and don't expect me to talk about my mom much on here. It's a very sticky, crappy, smelly situation... Shawn prefers me to not talk to her at all. Hmm... Maybe in anothe post. So, I guess that's it for now. Jack's napping and I should be finishing up my insane cleaning spree for the fam.

Until next time...

0 comments: